9.14.2009

Tuesday

Yesterday, we sent off a friend at Pasir Ris Interchange. He is starting a new life in the army. After which, I walked through Tampines Central with a sense of unfamiliarity. The new mall has opened and I spent the afternoon looking for Uniqlo. Everything seemed so new. Even the walk through the bus interchange seemed different. Like I was recovering from a bout of selective dementia, I chose to remember some of it; walking through the food court, which was a short cut to the bus booths. Under the train tracks where we took a photo to make me feel better about a bad day in school. Walking through the sports hall. Bus stops and staircases.
Has it been almost 2 years ago when it all started? Almost. It was towards the end of the first semester in Year One, and now I'm mid way through the first semester in my Final Year.

My room is now painted in an organic combination of brown and green. I finally put up the propaganda posters that's been lying against the wall for what seemed like eternity. I get excited when I make new purchases of compartments that will enhance my organizational skills. Better living through plastic.

I am recovering from another bout of tonsillitis that's been bugging me for two weeks, which has inevitably stopped me from smoking more than I should.

No comments: