7.27.2003

my life has changed. and now, i am embarking on a 'shuming-is-a-good-student campaign'.
shuddap. it is not lame.
it is my one. and. only. attempt to do well for my promos.
thanks to my favourite economics teacher mrs ting. ooh. did i mention she told my dad i loved the term she bestowed upon me? also known as 'sotong king'. ya right. all i did was started a club for fellow kings and queens. added some humour. that's all. gawd. now my parents has set out to change my life.

they made my elder sis tutor me econs every friday night in town. cos she's still living in the hostel, i've to meet her in town for 2 hours tuition. that woman kept lamenting the peanuts she is paid for teaching me. hello? she got an allowance raise and i got a cut! now my dad is threatening i pay her phone bills!

and my dad gonna give me chinese tuition! good lord deliver us. he teaches the san zhi qing to my primary one cousin. who knows what he's going to teach me. no dates fixed for this thank god. which means i can just say i'm busy with tutorials.

and my mum is building her well known work of raising her kids on me again. guilty conscience. which hits a new high everytime i try to get out of the house. or my attempt for advanced allowance. kept reciting the stories of my dad's uncle's friend's son's cousin's father's son who is a N'level grad who gets straight As in the a levels and the 12th floor auntie's son who works harder than anyone else on the surface of this earth for his A level and all the other chicken-soup-for-the-soulesque stories that promise to touch the bottom of your heart. not forgetting to end every monologue with her its-only-two-years-just-work-hard-and-it-will-all-be-over epilogue. and you-chose-to-study-in-jc-so-you've-got-to-work-hard. thanks for reminding me mum!

but they say saturday will be my only day off. ahhh. my life.

No comments: